Embarrasing Medical Moments
Happy Monday All! Something to make you smile………
1. A man comes into the ER and yells “My wife’s going to have
her baby in the cab.” I grabbed my stuff, rushed out to the cab,
lifted the lady’s dress and began to take off her underwear.
Suddenly I noticed that there were several cabs and I was in the
– Submitted by Dr. Mark MacDonald, San Francisco
2. At the beginning of my shift I placed a stethoscope on an elderly
and slightly deaf female patient’s anterior chest wall.
“Big breaths,” I instructed.
“Yes, they used to be,’ replied the patient.
– Submitted by Dr. Richard Byrnes, Seattle , WA
3. One day I had to be the bearer of bad news when I told a wife
that her husband had died of a massive myocardial infarct.
Not more than five minutes later, I heard her reporting to the rest
of the family that he had died of a ‘massive internal fart.
– Submitted by Dr. Susan Steinberg
4. During a patient’s two week follow-up appointment with his cardiologist, he informed me, his doctor, that he was having trouble with one of his medications. “Which one?“ I asked. “The patch.
The Nurse told me to put on a new one every six hours and now I’m running out of places to put it!” I had him quickly undress and discovered what I hoped I wouldn’t see. Yes, the man had over fifty patches on his body! Now, the instructions include removal of
the old patch before applying a new one.
– Submitted by Dr. Rebecca St. Clair,
Norfolk , VA