My List of Many Things
Did you miss me?
I want to thank you all for the concerned emails in regards to my disappearance from the blogging world for the past week. There are lots of things that have kept me from you that I plan on filling you in on.
- It started with (15) becoming (16) on the 4th of this month. We took him sledding in Mt Charleston and had a crazy time. I will be posting the pictures and video of that crazy day soon.
- That same day my father in law had to have a surgery. You see he had a hip replacement surgery a year ago and after still being in pain and unable to move, he finally got a second opinion. Seems that the first doc botched the surgery. So he had a surgery on (16)’s birthday to fix the first doc’s screw up. Unfortunately, when the new doc opened him up, he found that his entire hip area was infected and the father in law ended up losing a lot of blood. After a few transfusions and a complete hip removal, he a scheduled for another surgery to put in a new hip soon.
- Then the following night, we received a call that the mother in law wasn’t doing so hot and needed to be checked out by the hospital also. Apparently she hadn’t been eating and with all the stress and bad news about the father in laws surgery, she just wasn’t doing well. So with father-in-law in the hospital, mother-in-law on her way there and a disabled grandma left home alone, Mr T and I put on our super hero capes and drove the 10 hours to Sacramento. (They are all recovering well, thank you all for your concerns during our trip)
- We arrived back home late Tuesday night, just in time to a get a few hours of sleep and woke up 4am Wednesday morning to head to Disneyland. We spent the day at the park (pictures of that trip coming soon) and spent the next day visiting family. We had a great time but didn’t arrive home until late Thursday night.
- Friday was spent at a diagnostics center for (12) to have some testing done. We just got a phone call yesterday that those results are back in and she now has another diagnosis; Osteopenia. Osteopenia is a condition of lowered bone density that, if not treated, could quickly turn into osteoporosis. How could a 12 year old be on her way to osteoporosis? She has Celiac disease, like I do, and her issues have come in the form of vitamin deficiencies ( Vitamin D, Calcium, Iron, Folic Acid, and Zinc).
- Saturday both (16) and (12) had league bowling and we had errands to run to catch up on being away from home for a week. Sunday I was too tired to do anything.
- Monday we spent the day back at the diagnostics center for (12) to undergo her nuclear medicine testing on her bones. They are looking for hairline fractures that may have been caused by the osteopenia because she has been complaining of pain. We are still waiting on the results of that.
- Yesterday (16) had a neurology appointment. For all of you that don’t know, he has Tourette’s syndrome. He is not the typical Tourette’s patient you commonly think of. He doesn’t shout weird obscenities and random moments, although that would be quite entertaining. He has physical tics which are controlled by medication and are not even noticeable.
All in all, I have had a crazy ass week that has taken a toll on me. I have kept up with all of your blogs with my iPhone and apologize for my lack of commenting. Rest assured, I have read them all. In my disappearance, a good blogging buddy took a mental trip to Las Vegas to find me. If you happened to miss what happened once she arrived here from my post yesterday, you can find it here:
While I was away, I received an award. Can you believe that? Isn’t that just fantastic? I was completely caught off guard. Did you know that there is work entailed in receiving said award? It is true! So tomorrow is the red carpet event where I will receive said award. Make sure you are all in proper attire, as there will be paparazzi!
So here is my list of things that I have coming up (if I have left something out, please remind me)
- My red carpet event to receive my award and pass it on to seven lucky bloggers
- Our sledding trip to Mt Charleston
- Our Disneyland trip
- Our family visit in So Cal
- An update on Mr T’s phone dilemma